Get £30 free & Pure Card Terms And Conditions
Cyclescheme - 2018 Cycle to Work Day
Customer Terms and Conditions – Cannondale and Specialized - 28.05.2018
To benefit from this promotion, you will need to redeem your Cyclescheme Certificate at one of our independent bicycle dealer stores between 28th June 2018 and 31st August 2018 (inclusive) in return for a new Specialized or Cannondale branded bike worth £500 or more. You can do this on line or in store.
Cyclescheme Certificates presented to a bike dealer after the 31st August 2018 will not qualify for this promotion.
If your purchase satisfies these conditions we will send you a link via email through which you will be able to claim your Purecard Mastercard preloaded to the value of £30. This can then be spent at a bike dealer of your choice.
All participants in this promotion must accept the following terms and conditions.
1. The promotion is exclusively available at retailers that are Cannondale or Specialized dealers. A list is available on request.
2. Your Cyclescheme Certificate can be redeemed instore or online at your chosen dealer.
3. The £30 promotional Purecard will be issued directly from Cyclescheme through our redeem platform https://redeem.cyclescheme.co.uk after purchase of the bike, to be used back at the bike store of origin. The Purecard is not transferable and is subject to additional terms and conditions which can be found at https://www.purecard.com/help/TermsOfUse. No cash or other alternative to the Purecard is available.
4. The specific bike you request is subject to availability from Cannondale and Specialized who reserve the right to offer an alternative within these brands. If you intend to purchase your bike on credit terms between you and the bike dealer such arrangements do not form part of this promotion and will be exclusively between you and the bike dealer.
5. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other and the decision of Cyclescheme about any aspect of this promotion is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into about it.
6. Cyclescheme reserves the right to hold voice, cancel, suspend or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
7. Insofar as is permitted by law, Cyclescheme will not in any circumstances accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the promotion or use of the items purchased. Cyclescheme is delivering this promotion with the support of Specialized and Cannondale. At no point will the retailer, Specialized or Cannondale be financially liable for credit, replacement stock or online vouchers. Your statutory rights are not affected.
9. This promotion is brought to you by Cyclescheme Limited (“Cyclescheme”) with company registration number 05363678 whose registered office address is Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP3 9TD. All queries should be addressed to email@example.com.
10. This promotion will be governed by English law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
PURE CARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This agreement applies to your Mastercard® card.
Your card is an e-money prepaid card. This is not a credit or debit card.
All payments on your card will be in pounds sterling (£).
Your card is not connected to any bank account and you will not earn interest on the balance on your card.
Your card is issued to you for use by you only. We reserve the right to cancel your card if we find another person has used your card, with your consent.
As part of the card order process, the card activation process or any time thereafter and before this agreement terminates, we are obliged to undertake Identity Verification, Sanction and card program eligibility checks (as required under the Money Laundering Regulations).
If we are unable to verify your identity, if you appear on any of the sanction lists or if we find that you are not eligible to be in receipt of the card under the rules of the card program, we will cancel your card and we may have to take further action, as required by law. We will inform you of our intent to cancel your card, if lawful to do so.
When we perform electronic identification checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency who may keep a record of that information. A credit check is not performed and your credit rating will not be affected.
Upon cancelling your card because of any of the above reasons, the funds on your card will be returned to the party who has provided you with the card; therefore, you will forfeit your right to use the card funds.
By activating and/or using your card, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
You should therefore read this agreement carefully. If there is anything you do not understand, or do not agree with, please Contact Us.
You can view a copy of this agreement on the website; see the reverse of your card or the information provided with your card. Alternatively, you can request a copy by email or post, free of charge. We advise you to print a copy of this agreement once you have read it, for your records, and to do so again each time you are advised changes have been made to the Card Terms and Conditions (see Changes to Terms and Conditions).
These Terms and Conditions stay in force until the final card issued under this agreement expires and 6 years thereafter, unless otherwise advised by us.
Regardless of who provided you with this card, this agreement is between you and Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd (see Regulators and Protection).
Throughout these Terms and Conditions, the card programme manager (Hawk Incentives Holdings Limited) and the e-money issuer (Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd.) are referred to as "we", "us", "our" or "ourselves".
You agree that these Terms and Conditions and any communications between us shall be in English.
ACTIVATING YOUR CARD
You should activate your card immediately, using the instructions provided with the card.
If you do not activate your card within the time advised on the letter which came with your card, if advised, we will cancel your card and you will lose your rights to use the funds on the card.
You can only activate your card online. If you have any problems activating your card online, please Contact Us.
Once you activate your card, you can retrieve your PIN and then use it immediately.
RELOADING YOUR CARD
If we receive instruction from the party who provided you with the card to reload your card with additional funds, we will do so when we receive the cleared funds from this party. These funds will be available to spend using the card by the following business day. The frequency and the value of any future reloads are outside our control and are between you and the party who provided you with the card.
USING YOUR CARD
You can retrieve your PIN online, by SMS or by using our telephone services at any time. You may be charged for accessing your PIN by text (see Fees and Charges).
You can change your PIN at any time, through any ATM that provides such a service. If we are charged by the ATM provider for changing your PIN, we reserve the right to pass this charge to your card. You should be advised of any charges for changing your PIN at an ATM. We have no control over these charges.
Unless you have been advised that your card can only be used within a restricted network of retailers, you can use your card at most retailers who accept Mastercard®. It is, however, up to the retailer's discretion whether they accept your card in any particular instance. If you have been advised that your card can only be used within a restricted network of retailers, please refer to our website to check where you can use your card.
If you are paying for goods and services in a different currency, the value of the transaction will be converted using the Mastercard® conversion rate at the time your transaction is processed. Note that exchange rates may fluctuate and that they may change between the time when you make the transaction and the time when it is settled and billed to your card; this is outside our control. You can find current or past conversion rates at www.mastercard.co.uk. When paying in a different currency, a Foreign Exchange fee may apply (see Fees and Charges).
It is your responsibility to ensure that the balance on your card is greater than or is equal to the value of the purchase you are intending to make.
To check your balance, go to the website, go to the mobile app, request a text balance update or Contact Us by phone. If receiving your balance by text is made available to you, you may incur charges (see Fees and Charges).
If you wish to use your card in store for a purchase which, including any applicable fees, is greater in value than the balance on your card, you must tell the retailer to charge only up to the available balance on your card and that you will pay the difference by other means (such as another card / cash). It is at the retailer's discretion to allow part payments.
We and the retailer will treat any transaction as genuine and made by you when:
- Your PIN was used when paying with your card in-store;
- You have swiped your card at the till, rather than using the PIN, for payment;
- If available on your card, you have used the contactless payment facility on your card for payment in store;
- - Your card security details, only known to you, where used when paying with your card online or over the phone.
Any transaction will be noted against your balance immediately but may remain in pending status until the retailer settles the payment. During the time that a payment is pending you cannot use these funds. It is up to the retailer how long funds are kept in pending status. Any fees (see Fees and Charges) will be taken from your card balance when they become payable. You will not be charged a card usage fee for domestic transactions.
You cannot stop any transactions once made. However, any transaction that is agreed by a retailer to take place on a future date (after the date you authorise the transaction) may be withdrawn. To withdraw a transaction, you need to give the retailer at least one (1) full business day notice of your intent, providing a copy of this notice to us. We may charge you the Administration Fee for this (see Fees and Charges).
If your available balance is not enough to cover the amount of the transaction plus any applicable fees (see Fees and Charges), the payment transaction will be declined; unless:
- - Some retailers require you to pre-authorise a payment before the value of the final bill is known. For example, restaurants or hotels may ring-fence a balance greater than the expected final bill on your card and then settle the actual final bill later, without checking the balance available at that time again. Once the retailer has ring-fenced the expected bill balance, these funds will not be available for you to use until the final bill is settled. If the final bill is less than the expected bill, it may take up to fifteen (15) days for the difference to be added back to your card. The retailer determines the length that any ring-fenced balance is kept after the final bill is settled. If the final bill is larger than the pre-authorised amount, this may result in your card going into negative balance.
- - Certain retailer websites will also send pre-authorisation request to check if there are suffice funds available on your card to cover the value of your order, even when this order is not finalised yet or when you have not proceeded to checkout. Here too the retailer may not check the available balance before settling the final payment, resulting in funds either remaining in a ring-fenced status or resulting in your card going into negative balance.
We may refuse to execute a transaction:
- - If we reasonably suspect that your card is being used in an unauthorised, fraudulent, or grossly negligent manner;
- - Or if we believe that an attempted or intended transaction would be unlawful.
If we refuse to authorise a transaction we will give you the reason for the refusal, if practicable (unless it would be unlawful for us to do so).
As your card is a prepaid card, if it goes into negative balance we will notify you and require you to repay the balance in the time and manner requested. We reserve the right to take all steps necessary, including legal action, to recover the outstanding funds. We may charge you an Administration Fee for each transaction completed or attempted while your card has a negative balance (see Fees and Charges).
We will not send you paper statements; instead, your transaction history can be found on the website or on the mobile app.
You have the right to grant Account Information Service Providers (AISP) access to the online card account associated to this card, which you can access through the website. An AISP is an online service, which provides consolidated information across all the banks and prepaid card accounts that you may have.
Sharing your account details and or security information with such AISP, for them to access the online card account associated to this card in order to provide their services, will not breach the requirement under these Card Terms and Conditions to keep your card and security details safe. Sharing such details for any other reason will be a breach of this term.
Please be aware that by giving such AISP access to your online card account, they will be able to change your account login, security questions and answers and your profile details (gaining access to the remaining balance on your card account by enabling them to request a replacement card to be send to them, as they will be able to pass the security questions that must be confirmed when ordering a replacement card).
Therefore, all though we welcome the use of AISP, we strongly advise you not to share your account details with an AISP that you do not trust of for which you are not confident they will keep these details safe and that they will not misuse them (as above).
CARD USAGE RESTRICTIONS
Your card cannot be used to obtain cashback from a retailer.
You should not use your card to pre-book services, such as hotels and car hire companies, as this may result in a negative balance on your card when the final bill is settled. We suggest that you use an alternative method of payment for pre-authorisations, and then using your card when checking out of the hotel or paying your final car hire bill. You will not be charged twice by the hotel or car hire company.
Your card cannot be used to pay at CAT terminals, pay@pump terminals, automated toll roads and bridges, or car park and train ticket machines. You will normally be able to use your card by presenting it to an attendant.
You cannot use your card to withdraw cash from an ATM, bank or building society.
Under any circumstance, your card may not be used for:
- - Obtaining foreign currency;
- - Paying off credit card bills, credit agreements, loan agreements or any other such debt instruments;
- - Subscriptions or automated periodic payments;
- - Gambling and adult entertainment;
- - Purchasing illegal goods or services;
- - Illegal, criminal or terrorist activity.
If you use your card for any of these purposes, we reserve the right to cancel your card, and we are required to report you to the relevant authorities.
If you are under the age of eighteen (18) and we are made aware, we will apply further restrictions to the usage of your card. These restrictions will prevent you from purchasing goods or services that are prohibited for persons under the age of eighteen (18). Such restrictions will automatically be removed from your card as soon as you turn eighteen (18).
EXPIRY AND CANCELLATION OF YOUR CARD
You will not be able to use your card once it has expired.
You have the right to cancel your card at any time.
If we, or the party that provided you with the card, choose to cancel your card or cease to operate the card program, if lawful to do so, we will notify you thirty (30) days before your card will cease to work.
Any balance available on the card at the point of cancellation or expiry cannot be redeemed by you and will be returned to the party who issued you your card.
If there are any transactions or charges still outstanding at that point, these will be taken from the balance on your card post-expiry.
We may, suspend, restrict or cancel your card or refuse to issue or replace a card, if:
- - We are concerned about the security of your card;
- - We reasonably suspect that your card is being used in an unauthorised, fraudulent or grossly negligent manner;
- - You break important terms of this agreement, or repeatedly break any term in this agreement; and - following notice - fail to resolve the matter in a timely manner;
- - You act in a manner that is threatening or abusive to our staff, or any of our representatives;
- - You fail to pay fees or charges that you have incurred; or fail to put right any negative balance that you have been notified about;
- - We are required to do so to comply with law.
In the event that we suspend, restrict, cancel or refuse to issue or replace your card, we will tell you as soon as practicable and permitted by law. If the matter resulting in such action has been resolved, we will issue you a replacement card (charges may apply; see Fees and Charges).
If you or we cancel your card, we shall immediately block the card so that it cannot be used. If there are any transactions or charges still outstanding at that point, these will be taken from the available balance on your card post-cancellation.
In the event that your final card expired, we cancel your card or refuse to issue you a new card, this agreement terminates immediately.
LOST OR STOLEN CARDS AND UNAUTHORISED OR DISPUTED TRANSACTIONS
If you report your card lost or stolen or report any transactions that are not authorised by you or which are wrongly executed, we will refund without undue delay and issue you a replacement card if required (charges may apply; see Fees and Charges). You will be liable for any transactions up to the time you report the loss, theft or disputed transaction, up to £35. We will deduct your liability from the value to be refunded to your card. If we however have reasonable grounds to suspect that you or someone with your consent has acted fraudulently or with gross neglect, we may reclaim the disputed transaction funds from you. If you notify us thirteen (13) months or later after the date of any disputed or wrongfully executed transactions appearing on your account, we may not be able to assist you. Therefore, it is important that you Contact Us as soon as possible. Any erroneous deductions from / credits made to your card balance by us will be corrected no later than one (1) business day after we have become aware.
If we find that the disputed transaction was indeed authorised by you or by someone with your consent, you will be fully liable for any loss we suffer because of the use of the card. You will also be fully liable if we find that you have acted fraudulently or with gross negligence (for example by failing to keep your card and/or PIN secure or by failing to notify us without undue delay on becoming aware of the loss, theft or unauthorised use of your card). You will also be liable for any refunds you may have already received. We will also charge you the Investigation Fee for each disputed transaction that was not upheld, capped at £50 (see Fees and Charges). If reversing a refund, collecting all losses we suffered and applying the Investigation Fee charges would result in a negative balance on your card, we reserve the right to recover these funds by any means necessary, including legal action, if required. We may subsequently also cancel your card, see Expiry and Cancellation of Your Card.
Where necessary, and pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, we reserve the right to investigate any transactions at any time, and to charge you for any reasonable costs that we incur in taking action to stop you using your card, other than in accordance with this Agreement, and to recover any monies owed as a result of such activity.
You may be entitled to a refund for a pre-authorised transaction when the retailer did not specify the exact amount at the time of its authorisation, or during the four (4) weeks prior, and the amount charged by a retailer is more than you could reasonably have expected. In this case, however you are only able to claim a refund within eight (8) weeks immediately after the transaction appeared on your account. We advise you first to try to settle this with the retailer directly. If you are unable to do so, we can mediate on your behalf but will not be able to refund you until we receive a refund verification acceptable to us from the retailer.
We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality, non-delivery or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased using your card. If you have any disputes about the goods or services purchased with your card, you should settle these with the retailer. You may ask us to mediate on your behalf, but we are not required to do so. If we do and subsequently find that the goods or services where provided to you and/or the retailer has the right not honour your request for a refund, we reserve the right to charge you the Investigation Fee (see Fees and Charges).
OUR MUTUAL OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITY
You must treat your card like cash. If it is lost or stolen, you may lose some or all of your money on your card, in the same way as if you lost cash in your wallet or purse. As a result, you must keep your card safe and not let anyone else use it.
You must keep your PIN secret at all times and - if possible - should not write it down. If you have to write down your PIN, keep in in a safe place and separate from your card. If you find your PIN hard to remember, you can change it at most ATMs. You should not choose a PIN that can be easily guessed, such as your telephone number or date of birth.
You must tell us immediately if:
- - You know your card is lost or stolen;
- - You believe that your PIN has been obtained or changed without your consent;
- - You think a transaction is unauthorised (i.e. you do not recognise the transaction or the transaction was not made by you) or you think that a transaction has been incorrectly executed;
- - There are any changes to your name, address, telephone numbers or e-mail address.
We will not be liable to you for any direct or indirect losses you suffer due to:
- - Anything beyond our reasonable control;
- - Any malfunction of your card, where this is not within our reasonable control;
- - The use of your card in breach of these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to your obligation to keep your card and PIN secure at all times;
- - Any retailer refusing or being unable to accept your card;
- - Any of the goods or services purchased with your card;
- - Not reporting your card lost or stolen immediately;
- - Not reporting any unauthorised or wrongly executed transactions immediately;
- - Not keeping your personal information up to date, unless caused by us;
- - Our compliance with applicable laws.
Unless otherwise agreed with us in advance, any liability we may have to you will be limited to the actual amount of any loss or damage you incur or suffer. For the avoidance of doubt:
- - Where the card is faulty, due to matters under our reasonable control, our liability shall be limited to replacing your card and transferring the funds remaining to your new card;
- - Where we have incorrectly deducted from or credited funds to your card account, our liability shall be limited to rectifying the incorrect deduction or credit only.
We shall not be bound to recognise the interest or claim of any person other than you in respect of the balance on your card, nor shall we be liable in any way for failing to recognise such interest or claim (except as required by law).
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will limit our liability for any loss that we are expressly prevented from excluding by law.
FEES AND CHARGES
We do not charge any fees for the delivery of your card, for activating your card and for the use of your card. All fees and charges are deducted, unless otherwise stated, from the balance on your card.
|Text Service Fee
||Up to £0.05 per message, unless otherwise advised on the website.
|Replacement Card Fee
||Up to £10.00, unless otherwise advised by us at the time. If there is not sufficient balance on the card to charge this fee, we may not be able to issue you a replacement card; unless you wish to pay by other means. This fee does not apply when the card was found faulty outside your control.
- Each time you instruct a retailer or us to voluntarily revoke a previous authorised transaction, at least one (1) full business day before the transaction was due to take place;
- When a transaction you make results in a negative balance on your card and each time thereafter that you try to use your card.
||Up to £20.00 for each disputed transaction that we have investigated and which was found to be authorised by you or someone with your consent. The maximum Investigation Fee that you will be charged is £50.
|Foreign Exchange Charges
||A charge of up to 2.75% may be levied on the full value of any transactions in a currency other than that in which the card is denominated. When such a fee is levied, this is out of our control and we are merely passing on the fee that we have incurred for supporting the relevant transaction in a foreign currency.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to change any of the Terms and Conditions in this agreement (including changing existing charges or introducing new charges) by notifying you by e-mail, via the website and/or by any other reasonable means at least 30 days before the change is due to take effect (unless we are required by law to amend this agreement immediately or more quickly). Any e-mail to you will be treated as being received as soon as we, using the details you have most recently provided, send it.
Current versions of these Terms and Conditions are available on the website. We advise you to print and or save these once you have activated your card and each time after we have advised you that these Terms have changed. To request a copy of the current or any of our past Card Terms and Conditions by email or post, Contact Us.
You will be deemed to have accepted all of the notified change(s) unless you tell us otherwise before the change(s) take effect.
If you do not accept our change(s), we will cancel your card and terminate this agreement immediately.
You can contact us on the details provided below, which are also printed on the back of your card.
We will require you to pass our standard security checks, before we can assist you. These include, but are not limited to, verifying your 9-digit card ID (which can be found on the bottom left of your card), the answer to your security question (if available) and any other details that we may hold on you.
Telephone: 0344 800 6435* (+44 (0)1442821642 if you are phoning from abroad)
Our customer service agents are available from 9AM to 6PM Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. You can report your card lost or stolen on this number at any time.
By Post: Card Services, PO Box 1586, Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP1 9SF
*Calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs
If you have a complaint about your card or the services we provide, please Contact Us in the first instance so that we can try to resolve it.
All complaints will be dealt with as quickly and fairly as possible in accordance with our Complaints Procedure. A copy of this procedure is available on the website or you can request a copy from us by email (see Contact Us). Following our Complaints Procedure does not affect your legal rights.
In the unlikely event that we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may contact The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS):
Telephone: 0300 123 9 123 * (or +44 20 7964 0500 if you are phoning from abroad)
By Post: The Financial Ombudsman Services, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, United Kingdom
*Calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs
More information about the FOS can be found at http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
REGULATORS AND CUSTOMER PROTECTION
The balance loaded onto your card is classified as electronic money. This means that the electronic money issuer, Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, holds the funds associated with your card.
Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd. (whose registered office is Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9TD (company registration number: 05802971)) is authorised and regulated Financial Conduct Authority as an Electronic Money Institution (Registration Number 900023); under the E-Money Regulations 2011.
Hawk Incentive Holdings Limited (whose registered office is at Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9TD (company registration number: 4155659)) is the entity that has requested that a card is issued to you, on behalf of the party who provided you with this card, and is responsible for providing all the services associated with your card, including but not limited to providing customer service and managing any disputed transactions on your behalf. Blackhawk Network Inc., who also owns Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, ultimately owns Hawk Incentives Holdings Limited.
The funds held by Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd. are kept in an account created for safeguarding. This means that in the extremely unlikely event that Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd would become insolvent, the balance on your card is protected.
You may not assign any or all of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions but we may do so at any time on giving you 30 days’ prior notice. Your rights will not be affected and you have the right to cancel this agreement (see Changes to Terms and Conditions).
Each of the Terms included in this document are separate from all other Terms, so if one Term is found to be void or otherwise unenforceable it will not affect the validity of any of the others.
If we do not enforce any of the rights we have under this agreement, or if we delay in enforcing them, that does not prevent us from taking any action to enforce our rights in the future.
Upon termination of this agreement, the Terms and Conditions that can continue to apply will do so.
A person who is not a party to this agreement may not enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
The laws of England and Wales govern these Terms and Conditions. The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions, subject to a referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service (see Complaints Procedure).
Terms updated April 2018